Wednesday, April 28, 2004

RIP Al Stefanson

Hi All!

Just got the word that one of my best friends and political activists has died. Went in for knee surgery a few months ago, and the dominos started to fall, ending with heart failure.

Al was a tireless volunteer and exceptional fund raiser for Republican candidates for more years than I can guess.

When I ran against Mary Jo McGuire in old district 54A (Roseville, Lauderdale and Falcon Heights, he not only raised money, but hosted campaign events and coordinated lit drops and basically taught me all I didn't know about politics.

I assume he was well into his seventies, but he was so active and vital that he didn't seem "old."

A great guy, a great loss.

Al, I hope I can live as good and full a life as you.

Cheers!

PK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home