Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Letter to the Editor, Part One

Hi All!

I had my first letter published in the Pioneer Press when I was in second grade. Over the years, I have been an infrequent, but successful contributor.

During the last few years, I have seen my hit ratio go down, even to the point that I have got published in the Strib!

My much redacted and expurgated version of the latest Cheri Yecke post failed to make either rag.

I am muchly pissed off -- never happened before.

So I gave the PP another shot, but since they probably won't run it, you can enjoy it yourselves as loyal readers of this fine blog:

Dear Sirs:

As the dust settles after what traditionally was a dull off-year legislative bonding session, the media are decrying the lack of accomplishments that were acheived by this august body of elected worthies.

I beg to differ.

We Minnesotans have been granted an open hunting season on mourning doves and Education Commissioner Cheri Yecke, who was bagged on Sunday, so I guess it's time to look for some doves.

PK
Falcon Heights


Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home