Sunday, May 16, 2004

What Browser d'ya Use?

Hi All!

I made my living for many years as a "Computer Consultant" which I still call myself if anybody asks. But unless the computer is a WANG, I am quite clueless. So as you might expect, I attempted to re-invent myself as a politician. Logical, right?

More than you might think. See, when Wang faded out, I decided that rather than learn new operating systems and such, that I would try to do what I thought I was born for.

It didn't work out.

In any case, In my screwing around with Windows, I have always been a beta-man, what we used to call a "bleeding edger."

I have mellowed to the point that I stick with what works until it don't and then I find something better.

Examples abound, but here is something that has really opened my eyes.

A few months ago I went to www.mozilla.org and downloaded their browser. When Explorer hangs, I just open a Mozilla window and it usually works if not the same, then better.

For dealing with Blogspot, I now use Mozilla exclusively. It is faster and smarter than Explorer and gives one the smugness of pretending to not be beholden to mighty Microsoft.

Now if I can just learn how to post pictures and links and lists of other blogs, just like the other guys and gals...why, that would be, as Bill Gates would say, "Cool!"

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home