Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Sorry, but We Need a Baseball Stadium

Hi All!

Back and refreshed from a trip to Carlisle PA for the All Ford Nationals. Alex and I joined over 200 Merkur fanatics and their 150+ fabulous cars.

Very bittersweet, as my new "baby" is now in the indefinite possession of the St Anthony Police, rotting away, waiting to be sold off for pennies on the dollar to someone who won't have any idea what a Merkur is.

Getting too depressed. Allow me to get on to my topic. We spent a couple of days in Baltimore with a friend who had brought us to the show in his immaculate Merkur. On the way to BWI airport yesterday, we took an hour and a half tour of Camden Yards.

I'm sorry folks, we need one of these babies for the Twins. This baseball park is so fantastic that people line up to pay $5 for a tour of the place. I came skeptical, left converted.

The Dome is still a fine football studio, and I couldn't care less if we continue to drag our heels on that one, even though the Ravens Stadium that is a stone's throw from Camden is mighty impressive.

To me, the way Camden Yards and surrounding redevelopment of the adjoining neighborhood is a perfect model of how it should be done. In St. Paul for sure.

If for no other reason, I hope we have a special session to get this ball rolling!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home