Saturday, July 03, 2004

The Inferiority of Foreign Car Engineering

Hi All!

As part of my jolly romp through the legal meat grinder due to my recent vehicular indiscretion, I was rewarded with "Scarlet Letter" license plates, which most folks wouldn't take a second look at. If you are a Law Enforcement Official, it says, "pull me over for no reason." What a country!

The fun part is that I can't drive for a year, the plates run for a year and they are on my wife and kid's cars. To the law, anyone who lives under your roof is eqaully culpable for the sins of the father.

So I went to work on my German and Japanese vehicles to remove the old plates. They were welded in.

Have these fuzzy ferriners not figured out that metal bonds to metal? How about anodized or nylon bolts, or insulated plastic receivers?

I had to go to my mechanic to have the bolts drilled out of both cars.

ARRRRGHHHH!

Well, the nylon bolts are easily obtainable at WalMart, bless their hearts. I expect no problem removing the plates a year hence and getting the nice trees and canoe back.

Cheers!

PK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home