Friday, September 10, 2004

Hurricane Dan Damns the Torpedos

Hi All!

Wow.

Dan is determined to go down with the CBS ship. His piece on tonight's news, nicely juxtaposed with reportage on Hurricane Ivan was a perfect example of irrational denial.

He starts with a re-recitation of the damning points made in the 60 Minutes report, then stauchly defends the research. Almost got to the point of implying that a minor couple of pieces were questionable, but that they didn't matter to the whole story.

I'm an alcoholic, so I consider myself something of an expert in denial. My liver is shot and I still crave the drink.

In the same way, with a Perfect Storm swirling around him, Cap'n Dan has lashed himself to the mast, determined to ride it out.

If he weren't so rich and famous, I'd pity him, but he'll wash ashore and enjoy a long and admired dotage. I won't.

The longer he fights this, the more he hurts his fellow Cap'n Kerry, who is safely in port with his hatches battened down.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home