Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Open Season on Benedict XVI

Hi All!

I am prepared for an onslaught of Catholic Church bashing. The boys came home from their Catholic high school already circulating the rumor that Father Ratzinger was a Nazi. Google "Ratzinger Nazi" and you will amazed at what comes up. The www.ratzingerfanclub.com site crashed, but there are plenty of hate sites to visit. (I had inserted a link to a site called "The Nazi Pope" on my other PC and I think it downloaded a nasty worm which got right by my so-called "firewall." I was able to save my work and am now on my daughter's PC.

I'm sure more than a few have already used Photoshop to put a white rat's face on the news photos of the new pontiff.

Personally, I think he is a perfect transitional pope, and I'm sure he was hand-picked by JPII. This will keep some continuity in matters of doctrine and pave the way for a third-world pope next time around.

Sometimes I feel like the personification of the last "fair" targets of societal approbation and disdain. I'm a conservative middle class, middle aged obese alcoholic American Catholic! Fire Away! It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Ah well, time to get to the other PC and see what the heck happened. I have a weird icon in my tray which identifies itself as "keyboard filter" but won't allow for exiting and it blocks the task manager so I can't stop it without turning off the machine and rebooting in safe mode.

Can't blame the hate site yet, but it sure is a coincidence and I'm glad my initial post with the link didn't get published.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Flash said...

PK:

I use a program called 'End it All" http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,697,00.asp

when I need to force quite something that is being stubborn. Give it a try on that finicky 'Keyboard Filter'

Flash
Centrisity

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home