Thursday, May 26, 2005

Bloody Weather

Hi All!

I sent an urchin out to mow and actually didn't get much complaint. Sunny and breezy. Five minutes later, dark and downpouring. Just enough to settle the dust and get the lawn too wet to mow.

I had my liver-stomach stent revised this week and now, in addition to two Boston Scientific steel-braided hoses, I have a Gore-tex piece. Hey, whatever keeps me alive. That little length of tube probably cost more than a closet full of their outerwear!

Finished 18 weeks of outpatient and decided to tack on 6 more. Freedom is coming in waves (I get my license back tomorrow and will head straight to The Lake) and I've got to be extra guarded, so extra time in group is a wise choice, I think.

I've collected a couple of nasty "Anonymous Comments" and as much as I appreciate that coming with the territory, I still let it get to me, which is crazy. What I don't like is that it comes in my email and doesn't reference which post is being commented on. I went back a couple of months in the archives and can't tell which ones got this/these chickenshits so irked.

Well, when I start getting 3000 hits a day rather than 30, I will learn to blow it off. It's not as though I don't set out to get people thinking!

Politically, I am still trying to figure Pawlenty out. He really has some 'splain'n to do. Gas tax for road construction would have been the way to break his no tax pledge. Honest, understandble and livable -- even popular!

By vetoing the gas tax and turning around and riling up his friends while delighting his enemies by proposing a 75 cent/pack cancer stick "fee" is almost cause of fear for his sanity.

Well, we still don't have a transportation bill so there is time to make amends, but at this point it would stick him between a rock and a hard place. So what? Don't we elect these guys to do what's in the best interests of the public? Hypothetical question, I know.

Cheers!

PK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home