Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Kids Get to See Stones

Hi All!

Thanks to eBay, I got a decent (relatively speaking) price on a pair of ducats for the Stones concert tonight.

I have seen them live 5 times, starting in '73. No need to revisit the past -- I have the "4 Flicks" DVD set and that is just fine. Would rather pay less and see something new.

Alex and Drew are going to have "the experience" tonight. I am so thrilled for the opportunity to let them have it.

I might catch a ride with them and see what the scalping market is like, and if no good, take a bus home.

In reading reviews from the tour, I came across a GREAT quote by Chicago Tribune critic Mike Caro. It really says it all.

"After all, the Stones remain an awfully good rock band, and they're the best at what they do, which is playing music that sounds like the Rolling Stones. They've created their own genre, so if they still have the energy and chops to show us how it's done after all these years, why be churlish?"

Spent a day at the Fair yesterday. Saw a gang rumble. Will report further on quite a fascinating day.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home