Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Since I'm Gonna be Up for Awhile...

Hi All!

Tomorrow is colonoscopy day. I'm sure you are all thrilled to hear about it. Just took the pill and will start drinking what looks to be at least 5 gallons of poop juice 8 oz at a time, which should keep me up well past bedtime.

I ran into the Pioneer Press top editorial recruit today on the street in downtown St Paul. Mark Yost has, I think, suffered some culture shock coming from the Wall Street Journal to office with the likes of Glenda Holste. Don't give up, Mark. Write your damned book about pro football management (a new chapter for the Vikes, perhaps?) and get back in the trenches.

Must admit that Mark caught me in a moment of naked honesty. When he remarked that he didn't know I worked downtown, I had to confess that I was only there to see my probation officer - only 18 more months to go for this menace to society.

As some may know, my dear and long-suffering wife, Laura, is a 10-year Falcon Heights City Council incumbent seeking another term. Until this year she had had to dish out $4 in filing fees to run unopposed. This time there are challengers and my old political blood has started to boil.

I was active in Republican politics at the State level as a candidate in '94 and '96. I worked my tush off and at least I can say that I made the incumbent "work" as well. But close is no cigar, as Bill Clinton might say.

Laura participated in the obligatory League of Woman Voters forum tonight.

So much I can say, and might yet, but for now let me summarize that if the debate were a blackjack game, we drew a queen and two jokers.

There is a write-in candidate with a darn good chance to make something of a bit of history. Despite one of the challengers being a stalwart Republican, I cannot forgive his negativity and associating with a true Jesse Ventura wing nut.

To get a flavor of the type of crap these jokers are spewing, check out their website:

Lageson and Olson Joined at the Hip

If I get in trouble for this post, I will blame it on the pressure of having to crap liquid for the rest of the night, and I might as well write some crap that one doesn't have to clean up....

Cheers!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking at their web site, what makes you say they are spewing negativity? Looks like standard "we are going to change the world stuff" to me.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

so which one's the stalwart, and which one's the wingnut?

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mentioned Mark Yost. Wasn't he president of the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities? Or was he Mark something else?

On second thought, I think the man was Mark Yudof, a good Jewish name.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul, please give us an update on the results of your colonoscopy. Were you having a problem of some? You aren't old enough, are you, to have a routine colonoscopy?

2:35 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

so what's up with you, PK? Medical, emotional, or campaign duties?

You gotta keep the posts a little more regular, especially when you keep us hanging, or folks are going to lose interest.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home