Thursday, March 23, 2006

Raving Mad

Hi All!

My latest Cheapo find, a three disc compilation of "Rave" um, "music?" has spent some time in Laura's fancy car CD player (upside of her downside is I get to drive the "fancy" Buick Land Yacht, er, "Century."

Best way to describe this genre, is to imagine a great intro to a rocking tour de force which never gets to the tour de force, rather, gets totally stuck on the intro for endless minutes.

Now I understand why ravers used so much Ecstasy. It's the only way you can tolerate the drone. I have never wanted to try it, but if I leave the CD player on too long, I get an urge... Fortunately, Rave is getting pretty passe' and I'd choose it over rap any time, damning it with faint praise.

To heck with all the politically incorrect "torture" methods at Guantanamo. Just pipe this stuff into the PA system 24/7 and you'll get those coddled terrorists babbling like crazy.

Cheers!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Paul, While at Cheapos I heard this real Jazzy beat playing over the in house stereo and I just had to find out who it was. So I asked the pretty female attendant "what is the name of the band playing right now? She kindly stated, "Finga Thing". I promptly asked her where do I find it? She directed me to the Electronica section. I thumbed through the F's and it wasn't there to be found. I returned to the counter to ask the attendant if the CD playing was for sale and there was my wife standing at the counter waiting to pay for her purchases. Without giving it any thought I asked the pretty female attendant, "can I get that "Finga Thing". The old sayin, "If Looks Could Kill". I died 5 or 6 times.

3:22 PM  
Blogger PK said...

If I establish a Hall of Fame of Comments, you be there, FLOLOF
I actually scored the latest Graham Coxon disc. Now we have Blur and Gorillazs. Way cool.

If there are any tix to the Ray Davies gig at 1st ave, you would be a perfect idiot to the third degee. Guarantee the Show of the Decade.

Trust me, I know of what I speak.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home