Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Trying to Live Without "The Paper"

Hi All!

My beloved St Paul Pioneer Press has been bought by the owners of the "Enemy Paper," the Mineapolis Star Tribune, and although they promise to sell it off, many fear that our beloved Presspatch will go the way of the dodo.

To prepare the household for the potential shock, I let my delivery expire after having neglected to renew my subscription.

It immediately became clear that everyone from my wife on down to the three urchins went into mourning. Personally, I don't mind getting the lowdown on the web, but it is undeniable that it is a bit handier to lug the Metro Section into the WC for morning business than lugging the wireless laptop. I mean, if you should happen to, um, "soil" the paper, you can finish reading it and recycle it. Also comes in handy if you run out of TP.

This is a tease. More to follow. I'm at my favorite local NTN Trivia establishment and the darn battery is going dead.

Later...

Early Thursday update. Really, the good story is coming, but as you might guess from the latest post, there was a bump in the road that more than distracted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home