Monday, September 04, 2006

Downloading, Ripping, Burning, Streaming, Capturing, Rock 'n Roll'n

Hi All!

Once I become obsessed with something I grit my teeth and jump fearlessly out of the trench into the full fury of enemy fire.

The Rooskie music download site seems to be legit and I got my rubles' worth.

Today I took things a step further. It's one thing to download a file, but how to save a free sample that only plays but is not savable?

Ask Google and ye shall receive. I'm too smart to start feeling smug, but I think I have figured out how to get any tune I want at little or no cost. Do I feel guilty? HECK NO!

Trust me, the day is coming soon when we will be able to save music, video, whatever on free, advertiser-supported bases -- just like radio and tv.

Won't say what all I captured today as with my luck a copyright lawyer might happen upon this lonely blog.

Suffice it to say that I am rocking out at this very moment with new and exciting music. Rock and Roll lives!

And I guess it's ok to recommend that new Def Leppard album of popular and obscure 70's covers of Bowie, Kinks, T Rex, Sweet, Faces and most interesting of all, David Essex. You see, I bought a copy when it came out but "someone", ahem, lost the disc and all I had was an empty jewel box. Now it's got a perfectly legal, 50 cent copy in it. Thank God the Cold War is over.

Cheers!

PS. Just found out that Wal*Mart, of all places, has a special version with 4 extra songs. Surf's Up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home