Thursday, September 14, 2006

Wog's Daily Balance Sheet

Hi All!

Perhaps I should have made the subject "Wog's Daily P&L Statement." Been awhile since I learned accounting.

You see, the thing is, is that since my "bad troubles" I have pledged to brighten the day of as many people as possible each and every. It's good therapy. Lately I have had to face the fact that I also piss a lot of people off each and every...

So, to rationalize, I have modified my outlook to try to brighten the day of more people than I darken the day for.

I would much prefer a 100% rating on the former, but another piece of the puzzle of my therapy too often leads to the latter.

It is sometimes disheartening that so few read my blog. Yet it is therapeutic for me to sit down and write things down. Something to remember me by, for better or worse.

Alright, I'm getting depressed.

Today was one of those many "last straw" days for me, in so many ways that I won't bore you with them.

Suffice it to say that I was cured by sharing a nice evening on the patio of the Legion on Taco Night with the apple of my eye and the apple of my good friends' eyes.


After a minor setback after returning home and getting ready for early bed, I found the need to do Buzztime trivia at a nearby haunt. Turns out to be Karaoke Nite, which usually annoys me but I was game, and made a fool of myself trying to do "Suffragette City." Surrounded with nice people, my spirits were lifted considerably.

Even my ten-millionth faux pax didn't spoil it.

You see, there were a couple of young, strapping fellows sitting next to me. 5 comely, yet seemingly overfed young ladies came up to the mike to do a song.

"Cattle call." escaped my loose lips.

The guys shared the joke and actually engaged me in conversation as they were interested in how the trivia game worked.

After the girls were done with the song, two of them re-joined my two new friends.

I am such an ass.

But they were cool and there were no negative repercussions. I was ready to go and gallantly surrendered my spot to one of the young ladies.

So I got away with one. So it was a good day.

I shall try once again to be a better boy tomorrow. But that's a politicians promise. I yam what I yam.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home