Friday, October 13, 2006

Sorry for the Lapse in Posts

Hi All!

I've been feeling quite a bit less than perky for the last several days and when I thus ail I get the blahs and don't feel like doing much of anything, including writing.

Having dragged myself out to two stultifyingly dull political debates didn't even inspire comment.

I also spent an entire day wrestling with paperwork and jumping through hoops to try to get Alex' college loans squared away. For some reason the financial aid application we submitted concluded that he didn't need much help so he only got about $3000 in grants and we had to make up the rest of the $19000 in tuition and board in market rate adjustable loans. Really depressing to start thinking that there is no way we are gonna afford to send him for 4 years.

When I feel better I am going to try to contact a consultant at the U who explain why we had to take out loans roughly equal to 3/4 of our household income. Doesn't seem right, especially when I have anecdotally heard of better-off families getting a lot more in aid.

Another day was spent gathering the necessary paperwork and information for our impending bankruptcy filing. Took care of one big piece of business, selling our third car as they are only going to let us keep two.

Now there isn't much left for the bankruptcy judge to take.

Cheery news, eh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Wog-
hey, turn on that comment security thing again-- the spammers are moving in!

There are a lot of places to look for money for college, and I suppose the bankruptcy filing will help, but also check out Roseville Rotary, VFW, etc. College is so important to your kids' future, I'd even consider having them declare independence from you to get better loans (you'd lose the dependent filing on your income tax, but I think he's not helping your taxes at all at this point in the filing anyway). Consult tax people who know more than I do!

Keep the faith!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home