Monday, December 18, 2006

The Demon Traffic Light

Hi All!

I have actually lived with at least a dozen traffic semaphores that hate me -- personally. They can see me coming from blocks away and turn red a nanosecond into the "can I make it through on the Yellow or slam on the brake" moment.

My latest bête noire was installed at the intersection of Centerville Road and County Road E in Vadnais Heights.

What was for years a perfectly benign 4 way stop has morphed into a cruel tyrant. Since it was breathed into life last week it has held me on red every time from both directions. If there is no traffic coming crosswise, that street will have the Green. Just dare to get one car through the other way and it will change red, stay there, mocking you and do a left turn green against you even with no car waiting, just to twist the knife.

Don't get me started on Roselawn and Lexington. Oh, the wasted hours.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger George Nielsen said...

Paul,

The correct spelling is bête noire. It means black beast.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you.

George

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home