Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Why Wog Blogs -- The Big Disclaimer

Hi All!

Sometimes I feel like I am making a big ass of myself to the world -- and there are those who would enthusiastically agree.

So I have it of a mind to explain why I participate in the blogosphere.

I'm not in it for anything more than a vent for my emotions and a try at writing which I've been told since grade school that I am good at.

One could say that blogging is the free and easy way to "get published" for all would be writers, self-aggrandizers, poseurs, promoters, egomaniacs, insecures, the sane and the wacky. Just to name a few.

Me, Wog? I just enjoy writing stuff down. Over the many years I never had the discipline to put pen to paper or word processor to printer.

Blogging is so darned easy.

I don't blog for praise or pity (although unsought, these things feel good sometimes).

I try to write as fearlessly and thoughtlessly as possible. Maybe a big publisher will notice my turn of phrase. Perhaps I can luck out with a news flash and be an instapundit or a powerliner or a kos. If that happens, wonderful! Will it? A million to one. Do I care? Not a whit.

As I sample other blogs I am struck by how crappy most blogs are and once in awhile allow myself to fret over the incredible traffic some of these get. Write it and they will come? No, there must be some other reason crap gets read. My crap is as good as most. Yet I preach to a small congregation (and I REALLY appreciate it).

Before I start contradicting myself, let me get sort of back to my nebulous point. I have been told all my life that I can write. I don't believe it. But here all you mentors go -- I am writing. And whether it is shit or gold, I am marking my territory by pissing on the hydrant of the internet.

Blogging is one of the ways I am keeping alive. It is a hedged bet, assuming that I will assume room temperature sooner than later. At least I wrote something down.

OK, this was a LiveBlog session and I am not going to re-read it.

I have recently found that if I save things as drafts, I never finish them and publish them.

Like Jackie Gleason, I prefer to do my show live.

Cheers!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Wog

Mind if I put a few comments in the "tip jar?"

I've been reading your blog since the DUI and loss of your red car - sorry, can't remember the make, but I know it was a sweet car. I've never have left a comment.

This particular post has gotten to me, though. As a sometimes blogger, I share a lot of the same thoughts. Perhaps that is one of the very few things that we share.

I'm the mom of a soldier, living just up the road from you in Anoka County. When I'm not working, I'm thinking of the war on terror 24/7.

What I have been wanting to say for some time is to encourage you to use what time you have and what talents you have in blogging (even with a small audience) to make the world a better place. This is a great medium and people are listening.

You and your family have been in my prayers for a long time. I hope the months ahead bring peace and good news for you all.

7:42 AM  
Blogger lloydletta said...

Wog, It's interesting to read about your life on the blog.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home