Saturday, June 02, 2007

Look Out the Goddamm Window!


Hi All!

Welly welly well. Yet another day of dire weather warnings and scary radar images. As is most often the case, particularly in Falcon Heights, the radar and the warnings were dead wrong.

We got a bit of distant thunder, a sprinkle, and later a light shower. On the TV and Web all is end-of-world hype.

Why does it bother me anymore? Such has been the case way back when Ray Christensen would breathlessly warn us over the static on 'CCO to get gramma in basement. NOW!

We have no life here in Minnesota. The REAL warnings should be issued from the Capitol when the inmates are running the asylum!

So, Ian Hunter, all of 68 years young has just pulled a fantastic album (CD?) out of his bum.

It's called "Shrunken Heads." The only way most people would slightly recognize this incredible performer would be to say, "All the Young Dudes." If that doesn't click, fergitaboutit.

The guy, as with my Kinks, are the most under appreciated artists in the history of R&R.

(The Kinks at least got in the Hall of Fame, but so did Blondie. Yech.)

Anyway, risking my precious computer by working in the middle of the Storm of the Century, I transcribed Ian's very firstest Country Song.

Some day I will figure out to attach an mp3. You can find it on the net if you want to hear the song.

The lyrics stand on their own. I SO MUCH feel like this.

I Am What I Hated When I Was Young

Words and music by Ian Hunter


Well I don't follow any trend

I don't sulk for hours on end

I don't wanna reach out and touch someone

I am what I hated when I was young

I don't wear designer clothes

I ain't got pins in my nose

I ain't got a tattoo on my bum

I am what I hated when I was young


Poverty was a wonderful thing everyone enjoyed

We were eat'n grass not smokin' it

Wasn't like this when I was a boy

Wasn't like this when I was a boy


I don't rob old peoples' homes

I don't steal no cellular phones

I kinda like my mom and dad

I am what I hated when I was young

I don't holler, I don't hoot

I don't act like a nincompoop

I don't hide when the police come

I am what I hated when I was young


I'm slowing down, I'm getting old 'n my back is getting bad

I just sit and moan all day

Wasn't like this when I was a lad

Wasn't like this when I was a lad


Comb my hair, brush my teeth, wash my feet more than once a week

N I never leave my flies undone

I am what I hated when I was young

I'm the original mixed-up kid

I ain't proud of what I did

Now I'm older, calmed down some

I hate what I used to be when I was young

I hate what I used to be when I was young

I hate what I used to be when I was young


As so many of my personal "Rock Gods" defy aging, it inspires me to keep on keeping on.

Cheers!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Wog, What a coincidence, I started a new Monday feature on Ian and Mick over at Freedom Dogs:

Motley Mondays.

http://freedomdogs.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1967&Itemid=1

Chief

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home