Monday, June 11, 2007

Good News and A Simple Pleasure


Hi All!

The last of a battery of pre-listing tests before it is decided whether to transplant me was performed today and I passed. It was a "Right Heart Catheterization" and it involves getting a camera into my jugular, up through the heart and into the lungs. The concept was far scarier than the mild discomfort.

This afternoon I tackled a conversion of the shifter on my kids "new" 1988 Merkur Scorpio with a 5 speed stick -- the only way to go with European cars.

I replaced the regular long throw shifter with a racing-type short throw shifter. Best way to describe the difference is, instead of Row Row Row the stick you can Snick Snick Snick the stick in very short strokes like Dale Earnhardt Junior. Tricker to drive but once used to it you never will want to go back.

Despite my 10 left thumbs in all things mechanical and my ability to screw up a two car funeral, we managed to sweat it out in the 90 degree 90% humidity (heh, being from Minnesota I LOVE it compared to the cold.

Finishing touch was a nice radical looking chrome and leather shift knob. No I guess he won't let me borrow it anymore.

I used to mess around a lot with my dozens of cars. It was fun to get back in the game.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home